The WizPar Dashboard is a simple web-based interface that allows registered users to create and curate their own sources, streams and filters.
The user logs into their account via the “My WizPar” button on the WizPar website, using their mobile phone number (In international format, e.g. +447777123456) and WizPar password.
The Dashboard consists of three tabs:
A Source can be any of the following:
– A Twitter account
– An RSS Feed
– A Meetup
To add a new Source to your existing list, click the “Add a source” button.
– Select the type of Source (Twitter/RSS/Meetup) from the dropdown menu.
– Enter the Twitter handle, RSS Feed URL or Meetup handle in the “Parameter” box.
– Enter a Display Name to make the Source easily recognisable to you.
– Tick the “Enabled” box to enable the Source.
– Click “Save”.
The newly created Source will now be listed under “My Sources”.
You can edit a Source that you have previously created simply by clicking on it in the “My Sources” list. Make your changes and click “Save”.
A Stream is used to gather articles and posts from one or more Sources.
To create a new Stream, click the “Add a stream” button.
– Enter a name for your Stream in the “Name” field. This name must be unique across the WizPar system, and MUST NOT contain any spaces or special characters (@&*, etc).
– Enter a Display Name in the “Display name” field. This also must be unique across the WizPar system, but MAY contain spaces and/or special characters.
– You may enter an optional URL in the “Image URL” field if you would like your Stream to display a dedicated image.
– Select the appropriate user permissions for your Stream. [If you wish to change these later, you can do so using the “Edit user permissions” button]
– Click “Save”.
The newly created Stream will now be listed under “My Streams”.
You can edit a Stream that you have previously created simply by clicking on it in the “My Streams” list. Make your changes and click “Save”.
Filters are used to manage the articles and posts from one or more Sources and display them in a Stream.
To create a new Filter, click the “Add a filter” button.
– Select one or more Sources to consider articles and posts from. You MUST select at least one Source, or else your Stream won’t contain any articles.
– [Optional] Enter any words that the articles or posts MUST include in the “Must include words” field. If you enter more than one word, only articles or posts that contain ALL of those words will be included.
– [Optional] Enter any words that an article or post MUST NOT include in the “Must not include words” field. If you enter more than one word any article or post that contains any of those words will be omitted.
– Select which Streams you wish this Filter to apply to. You must select at least one Stream, or else the Filter will not be applied to any articles or posts.
– Tick the “Enabled” box to enable the Filter.
– Click Save.
The newly created Filter will now be listed under “My Filters”.
You can edit a Filter that you have previously created simply by clicking on it in the “My Filters” list. Make your changes and click “Save”.